Thursday, 7 April 2016

I Spent Some Monies

I Love A Good Sale!

So yesterday and today was the Priceline 40% Off Sale! I decided to pop in before work (which made me late!) and check out a few things I had been wanting for a while/had-just-been-brought-to-my-attention.


My normal everyday makeup consists of L'Oreal's Nude Magic CC Anti-redness Cream,

and I haven't purchased foundation in AGES, so I did a little research (watched many different YouTube beauty guru videos) to see what had the best rap. Taking into account my seriously oily T-zone I decided to go with the L'Oreal Infallible Matte Foundation. I wore it to work today, and normally by early afternoon my face makeup, be it powder or liquid, will end up super greasy and all over my glasses. Even though the foundation still did transfer to my glasses (which I'm sure will happen regardless of how good the foundation may be) I was pleasantly surprised when I checked my reflection in the bathroom mirror (which has awful lighting) that my foundation still looked amazing!

It's currently 11pm and it still feels amazing, normally I can just scrape off the oil from my face with my fingernails (which I'm trying to do as I type) and nothing is coming off!
I have NEVER been this impressed with a foundation before. Never.

I also purchased a Physicians Formula Warm Nude Shimmer Strip All-In-One Nude Palette for Face & Eyes.

I thought this would be great as I could use the light colours as highlight, as I don't actually have any good highlighters (I've always steered clear of anything that would enhance my oily complexion), but have fallen in love with all the shimmery tutorials I have been watching on YouTube lately.
I also recently realised that I have lost my favourite bronzer! (Also a Physicians Formula brand)
So I swatched them side by side and just figured I could save some money and use the All-In-One as bronzer as well (all-be-it, a very shimmery one) instead of buying another one (I haven't given up all hope of finding it yet).

The last 2 things I bought were the Maybelline Colour Elixir's in the shade's 060 Nude Illusion and 100 Petal Blush, which I thought I didn't like at first because my lips went all pilly, turns out I just need a good lip scrub. I just had a look on the Maybelline website and they have HEAPS more colour choices than they stock in my local Priceline's (yes I checked out 2 different ones near me), that's always disappointing. I don't like buying makeup when I can't test it out first. I have wasted so much money doing that in the past and it's something that I will refuse to do now that my budget for buying makeup is minuscule.

Anyways, I need a shower.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment